These days the criminals use a new method of determining if you are at your home / office to see when they can break into the residence.
What they do is press the intercom button a few times for the following reasons:
1. So they know exactly what time of the day you are at home
2. To get you to come outside so they can access your premises by holding you gunpoint.
The dangerous thing about this is that some criminals are dumb and will land up assuming you are not at home whilst you are busy having a bath / shower or are on the toilet. This is very dangerous as some criminals are animals and will attempt to rape you.
How do I prevent this?
1. When somebody rings your door bell and there is no answer when you speak, be
prepared for somebody breaking into your car sometime during the day / week or
later. The criminals look for a pattern. For example, if you never answer your door
bell from 9-5 then they assume you are at work that time and break into your
2. Get a video intercom. This will allow you to see who is at the door and then only open the gate if it is somebody that you know and fully trust. (see point 3)
3. Ultimately you will need a proper camera system that allows you to see if the criminals are not hiding somewhere waiting for you to go see what is happening.
4. DO NOT GO OUTSIDE NO MATTER WHAT !!! – They could be hiding where your video
intercom can’t see them.So if you have a video intercom system or not, never go out
or open up unless you are 100% sure.
5. Criminals coming in with your domestic as a hostage or perhaps not. Your domestic
might be held at gunpoint. You land up opening for your domestic and Bob’s your
uncle! Be very vigilant. Some domestics actually cannot be trusted and some even
plan this before they start working for you.
6. The criminal(s) might be dressed in security clothing or business-like. Do not
open no matter what. Do not go outside.
7. Make sure your DOMESTIC WORKER knows not to let just anybody in and knows about these methods.
8. Do not give full access to your home to your domestic worker(s). They should not just be able to let people in. This has happened thousands of times where the domestics were part of this inside job! And that is a fact. You don’t know who you can trust these days.
This according to the community patrols has been occurring more and more often these
past few months.