I’m sure the list has not changed much according to contacts in the Insurance company industry as well as the South Africa police department. This list is for 2008. This can be used as guidelines when purchasing a new car. Before viewing the list, read the following…
The following factors will determine how much chance your car has of getting stolen / hijacked:
1. How popular the vehicle is therefore the greater needs for parts. Criminals like to get rid of the parts ASAP.
2. How easy it is to steal the car. A garage attendant showed me how to start a Toyota with a screwdriver.
3. How flashy is the vehicle. Convertibles attract attention easily hence less likely to be stolen.
4. Flashy is not always good. If you have a nice set of rims / mags the criminal can sell them quick.
5. Can the vehicle be used for taxi parts therefore a great need for parts!
6. Older vehicles are stolen also because the criminal suspects you do not have a tracking device.
7. Do you have a gear / steering lock? The criminal will rather pick yours instead of your neighbors without one.
|VW CITI GOLF||103|
|VW CHICO GOLF||75|
|NISSAN 1 TON||61|
|VW POLO CLASSIC||59|
|VW POLO PLAYER||33|
|VW GOLF Gti||32|
|TOYOTA SIYAYA 2l||24|
|OPEL CORSA UTILITY||22|